TIPS & TRICKS FOR SETTING UP YOUR ARTWORK.
Many of us are not Graphic Designers, but we have Photoshop and have barely used it before. Here are some quick tips and tricks on how to setup your artwork to upload to Etch-A-Pic.com.
I WANT A LOGO ON MY IMAGE
If you have a specific logo that you would like to promote on your image, or even some text on-top of your image. Here are a few ways to go about this.
- Open your image that you want laser engraved in Photoshop.
- At the top of the screen there are some navigation tools, click on “Image > Mode > CMYK”
- Next we want to size our image. Find the “Crop” tool on the left in your toolbox. It looks like this
- At the top of your document there will be a dropdown menu to resize your document. Make sure this reads “W x H x Resolution”
- To the right of that there will be open fields for you to determine the Width x Height x Resolution. Enter in the size in Photoshop depending on what size you are ordering. For example, if you want your image to be etched into a 8″ x 10″ Portrait Product you would enter in ____8.2in____ x ___10.2in____x___300___px/in (add .2″ to your desired size)
- Now we can place our logo or text on-top of our image now. Go to “File > Place Embedded > (Find your file) > Place”
- It should come into your document, but you will need to place the object. At the top of your document you will see a and a , move logo to desired area and click on .